Serra micromosaics come from the "Studio Vaticano del Mosaico", that started up in Rome, 1727. During the 18th and 19th centuries, Italy became a popular destination for tourists and pilgrims alike, with the former flocking here to admire the Vatican and the splendors of Rome and latter attracted by our cultural heritage and artistic innovation. This trip was known as "Grand Tour" and for most Grand Tour travellers, Rome was the last stop of the journey. Rome's squares and monuments have been immortalized by numerous artists such as the micromosaicists: besides objects of classical inspiration, were created reproduction of sights, common-life, animals and flowers. These works astounded and fascinated travellers due to the precision of design, color tones and harmony of the composition. The micromosaics were mounted in gold or silver in order to transform simple plaquettes into necklaces, bracelets, earrings, rings and pendants. The travellers bought a remembrance in micromosaics that reproduced a scene profoundly soaked in classical spirit.